Maybe you could read the rest of my post ...

J. McRee Elrod wrote:
Karen Coyle said:

- what are users trying to do?

Find, identify, select, and obtain an item; is one way of putting it.

Right, one way. And the point of my post was that there are other user
functions, many others, that we are not addressing by the FRBR user
tasks. As such we are setting ourselves a much too limited view of our
user needs and therefore of the value of the library. Here are a few others:

Share
Organize
Link

Now, those may not so easily resonate with you, and I expect you may
dismiss them because they do not, but these are tasks that users do
every day but not in connection with the library. And I think that there
is a role for the library in facilitating these functions, and that it
will add value to the library.

kc
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.kcoyle.net