Mary Mastraccio wrote:

I think the child/title authority record is needed rather than just using
the "works" information to allow for name/title headings in bib record
displays. It might be determined that the "Works" field in the parent record
should only have the control number of the child name record. [I use control
number but certainly a URI could be supplied.] I strongly suspect that the
various language translations of a title could/should really be in the one
NameTitle/Child record. To make this work the title display would probably
relate to a language code in the bib record and the NameTitle/Child record
could have multiple Title fields. I better stop with this or the email will
get too long. This is the type of work I would like see happen.

All that's needed in MARC for this to happen was suggested a long time
ago, and submitted as a discussion paper (meanwhile accepted by MARBI):

http://www.loc.gov/marc/marbi/2007/2007-dp01.html

Subfield $0 is for the link.
Links are necessary always _only_ from the lower level to the upper
level, not both ways! Or think what it would mean otherwise: you would
have to enter a link twice (at both ends) and update the upper level
record (e.g. for a series) every time a new lower level record arrives
(e.g. for a volume). Proper indexing can take care of correct linking.
We've been doing these things in our (non-MARC) environments for
decades. The Pica software comes complete with all necessary functions.
It is owned by OCLC.

An older description is here:

http://www.allegro-c.de/formate/reusep.htm

B.Eversberg