These corporate body access points for persons holding an office are strange
hermaphrodites that are peculiar to the Anglo-American tradition, I think.  The
idea of using both a corporate heading for the official and a personal name
heading for the same person on records for official communications was an
anomaly in AACR2, and even more so in RDA.  It's not a case of 2 different
entities having responsibility for the communication; it's 2 different ways of
approaching the same entity.  It would be better handled through cross
references on the authority records, which are made already, than with
redundant access points on the bib records.  We could also consider whether
these constructed access points for officials make any sense to anyone but
catalogers.

John Hostage
Authorities and Database Integrity Librarian
Langdell Hall
Harvard Law School Library
Cambridge, MA 02138
host...@law.harvard.edu