The RDA-ONIX Framework allows for a genre attribute to be part of Content Type.

http://www.loc.gov/marc/marbi/2007/5chair10.pdf

This has already happened with "cartographic" and "computer" (as in "computer
dataset" and "computer program" Content types)-- see Recommendation #3 in the
document.

The other attributes mapped to Content Type reflect elementary aspects of human
perception and communication:

Character; Sensory Mode; ImageDimensionality; ImageMovement.

I view "computer dataset" and "computer program" as Content Types that are not
to be perceived directly by human beings, but rather content that is "processed
or performed" by computers. The Content Type "cartographic dataset" also fits
here.

Once the content escapes the encoded level and enters the mind of the audience
or viewer then the Content Type shifts to the human senses involved.

In the RDA-ONIX Framework "interaction" and "purpose" are unexplored attributes
that can be part of a Content Type.

I suppose one could build an RDA-ONIX Content Type mixing interaction, purpose
and genre like "interactive recreational videogame".

Thomas Brenndorfer
Guelph Public Library