Don Charles said:

>For example if I possess a resource with five authors, two
>illustrators, and two editors ...  what RDA core requires ...

I've little to add to Heidrun's excellent analysis.  If the five
authors are writers of inclusions in a collection, they do not relate
to title proper.  As Heidrun pointed out, only the illustrators and
editors are so related.  Illustrator(s) and editor(s) could be in
245/$c, with the authors after their respective titles in 505.

Heidrun may not have yet joined Margaret Mann and Judith Hopkins as
cataloguing saints, but she is certainly ready for beatification :-{)}

It is my understanding that if these are in fact joint authors, and
there are more than three in the first statement, you could transcribe
only the first person in each category, but I may be corrected by
Mark.

Greta raises the question of motion picture video statements of
responsibility.  She is corrrect that it is difficult.  Far better, I
think, is to use 508 and 511 instead, as opposed to dividing
responsible folk between 245/$c and 508.