From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of M. E.
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:27 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Thanks RE: [RDA-L] RDA name authorities |c (Fictitious
character)

Bernhard, S. Michael <mbernh...@cabq.gov<mailto:mbernh...@cabq.gov>> wrote:
It seems to me, too, that the heading for Holmes should be Holmes, Sherlock |c
(Fictitious character).  Do
others agree?  If I were still at a NACO library, I might go ahead and correct
both headings (unless I've missed
something somewhere with regard to the Holmes heading).

Nothing missed.  The authority record was created before July of this year when
"Fictitous character" monikers and such were sanctioned for use in RDA.  No
one's gotten around to updating the 100 and 368 fields yet.  (The 040 $d DLC,
it seems, refers to the merging of the old subject heading record to
<http://lccn.loc.gov/no2013039964>.)

--
Mark K. Ehlert
Minitex