From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Heidrun Wiesenmüller
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 1:41 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] 6.2.2.10 and 6.27.1.9

I am uncertain about the relationship of 6.2.2.10 (Recording the Preferred
Title for a Compilation of Works of One Person, Family, or Corporate Body) and
6.27.1.9 (Additions to Access Points Representing
Works) - both in theory and in practice.

If I've got two different collections of works of the same creator, e.g.:
"Selected poems / X"
"Best of X's poetry"
Both get the collective title "Poems. Selections" according to 6.2.2.10.2.

But for the AAP, am I now supposed to add some additional attribute according
to 6.27.1.9, e.g.:
X. Poems. Selections (1995)
X. Poems. Selections (2010)

In short, my question is whether RDA considers the two different poetry
collections as two different works (which must then be distinguished in the
AAP) or as the same work (then, of course, no additional attribute would be
necessary in the AAP).

I'm also interested in the general practice. I know that LC used to add dates
(at least in the case of complete works and selected works), but that this
practice has now been abandoned. So I assume that LC now never distinguishes
between different collections of the same type. What do others do?

Heidrun

address you are subscribed under to:
lists...@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
In the body of the message:
SIGNOFF RDA-L

To unsubscribe from RDA-L send an e-mail to the following address from the