Adam Schiff wrote:

> LC's policy, however, implies that the compiled work
> does not become known by its title except through the passage of time (e.g.
> Whitman's Leaves of Grass), and that for newly published compiled works, a
> conventional collective title must be used instead.

What I would really like to see is some kind of justification for this idea.
Is there any evidence that catalog users or the general public do NOT know the
the title of a compilation by the title that appears on its title page?

Can anyone tell me--with a straight face--that the book "Everything is nice :
collected stories, sketches and plays" is not known to anyone by that title,
but rather is known by the title "Works. Selections. 2012"???

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Library
k...@northwestern.edu

To unsubscribe from RDA-L send an e-mail to the following address from the
address you are subscribed under to:
lists...@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
In the body of the message:
SIGNOFF RDA-L