On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:11:56 +0100, Michel Le Cocq <miconof80.l...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rdiff_backup/rpath.py",
>   line 973, in chown
>     try: self.conn.C.lchown(self.path, uid, gid)
> OverflowError: signed integer is greater than maximum
>
> Michel Le Cocq a écrit:
> >
> > Andrew Ferguson-4 wrote:

> > > Hi Brad,
> > >
> > > This is a known problem that is due to a bug in Python. The Python bug
> > > has been fixed in their SVN, and was slated to be a part of 2.5.3, so
> > > it should be included in the latest Python releases: 2.5.4, 2.6.1, and
> > > 3.0. Try upgrading your Python to 2.5.4 or 2.6.1.
> > >
> > > Here is some more information about the problem:
> > >
> > > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rdiff-backup/+bug/245844
> > > http://bugs.python.org/issue1747858

But then there's http://bugs.python.org/issue6873, which indicates
that perhaps lchown still has the problem in the released Python
versions.  If you can figure out how to reproduce it outside of
rdiff-backup the Python team would be grateful :)

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com
Business Process Automation - Network/Server Management - Routers/Firewalls