On 2012-05-30 11:28, George Papadatos wrote:
Hi Jan,

I followed your advice and I added the new repo, however the problem still persists:

[...]

Again, _all_ the tests fail as do the "create extension" attempts.

I even tried explicit postgresql-9.1 and postgresql-9.2 (beta version) but with the same sad results.

Do I do something wrong here, like still installing the default postgresql packages and not the "good" ones?

Hi George,

Sorry for leading you on a wild goose chase here, but I wasn't sure whether you were using custom postgres packages or the standard Ubuntu package. As Adrian Schreyer has pointed out, if you are using the Ubuntu-supplied packages then you are already using Martin Pitt's build so it actually shouldn't make a difference.

 On 12.04 you do not need to add the PPA, PostgreSQL 9.1 is the
 official package there. In addition, the official packages are also
 provided by Martin Pitt, so the packages in the PPA and in the distro
 are actually the same. It only make sense on 10.04 (and those that do
 not ship with 9.1).

I would go with Adrian's suggestion to check if the PG_VERSION_NUM is somehow mis-reported on your system. In fact, I will see if I still have the Linux Mint VM (that also has this behavior) somewhere and check it on that system too.

Cheers
-- Jan