On 19 July 2012 14:56, Paul Emsley <paul.ems...@bioch.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>   On 19/07/12 13:28, Fabian Dey wrote:
> >
> > I am having difficulties installing RDKIT on a Centos 5.6 (with python
> > bindings).

Who hasn't?  I have installed RDKit on centos 5.0 and 5.1 and it wasn't a
pleasure filled experience mostly due to the "outdated" (prehistoric,
rather) packages.

I assume you had a look at the excellent wiki page:
http://code.google.com/p/rdkit/wiki/BuildingOnCentOS.  Which somehow goes a
long way at alleviating the pain.

I have two comments based on your email and my experience:

0. do *not* use gcc v4.1.x to build RDKit -- I am using v4.5.3.  That is a
source of mishap and doom.
1. Your test failures point to a problem with the python tests.  Your cmake
output indicates that boost-python was not found - hence, I suspect, the
problems.  Do you have a libboost_python.so and is the path in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable?  If not then you have to rebuild boost with
the python library as well as the regex one.

Cheers,
JP