Good afternoon folks,

I would imagine that if you remove the hydrogens, the
resulting molecule would be a substructure of the
original molecule. However, when I do the following
to the attached MDL mol file, there is no matches.

>>> from rdkit import Chem
>>> mol = Chem.MolFromMolFile('temp.mol', removeHs=False)
>>> mhvy = Chem.RemoveHs(mol)
>>> matches = mol.GetSubstructMatches(mhvy)

matches turns out to be empty.

Is it something to do with the difference between Smarts
and Smiles? If so, how can I work around this to obtain
the atomic index relationship between the two molecules?

Thank you for your insight.

Ling