Hi Gonzalo,
You need to install the pillow package (this is the replacement for the old
Python Imaging Library)
-greg

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 9:59 AM +0100, "Gonzalo Colmenarejo"
<colmenarejo.gonz...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I installed rdkit using the conda installation and when I try to
from rdkit.Chem.Draw import IPythonConsole
I get this error:
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
C:\Anaconda3\envs\my-rdkit-env\lib\site-packages\rdkit\Chem\Draw\IPythonConsole.py
 in <module>()
     41 try:
---> 42     import Image
     43 except ImportError:

ImportError: No module named 'Image'

ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-34-6fa421a38dfe> in <module>()
----> 1 from rdkit.Chem.Draw import IPythonConsole

C:\Anaconda3\envs\my-rdkit-env\lib\site-packages\rdkit\Chem\Draw\IPythonConsole.py
 in <module>()
     42     import Image
     43 except ImportError:
---> 44     from PIL import Image
     45
     46 from IPython.display import SVG

ImportError: No module named 'PIL'

Do you know why is this happening? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Gonzalo