Builds do take a while, but there is *no way* they should be taking 2 hours
unless they are running on extremely overloaded hardware. The travis
builds, which include running all the tests, typically take less than 40
minutes.

If, for some reason, you do still need to deal with this, I would guess
that it would help to start by building an image without the java (or
python) wrappers and then build an image on top of that which adds just the
java (or python) wrappers

Still, I would hope that you don't need to run too many builds on docker.
It seems like one of those "once per release" activities. Certainly not
something you'd want to do after every commit.

-greg