I'm not sure how many of you this will be relevant to, but it's important
to know that Update 3 of Microsoft's Visual Studio 2015 is not able to
build the RDKit Python wrappers. This is due to a compiler bug that ends up
affecting boost::python. The bug report for that is here:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback/Details/2852624
It has been fixed, so if there ever is a VS2015 Update 4 I would expect it
to work, but in the meantime VS2015 Update 2 should still work (I am going
to test that today), but it's not trivial to install an older version.
Instructions are here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt653628.aspx