I have Odroid C2 (which is Rpi3 faster cousin), also armv8. Thats a myth
rather than reality. Debian is almost 100% arm64 friendly (spoiler alert).

I fired a Docker container with Debian Sid arm64 and installed RDKit from
repo. All things work fine, unfortunately Conda is a no-go for now. I can
try to compile RDKit from source and let you know how it went.

----
Pozdrawiam,  |  Best regards,
Maciek Wójcikowski
mac...@wojcikowski.pl