It is a one time need for the insight home device to set the mode for offgrid. There are numerous new settings that will not work with the old SCP he has, but you do not need them for a replacement.

You should not need to change firmware either as long as the system was working. Most new firmware is for the closed loop support of 10 different LFP battery systems and new grid features. There is one LFP battery Discover AES that all settings are hard written and read by connecting one xanbus network cable.

https://solar.se.com/us/en/xw-pro-commissioning-guide/

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
   [1]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [2]  [1]
e-mail  offgridso...@sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2023-10-24 2:17 pm, Chad Waits via RE-wrenches wrote:

Wrenches,

We have a client that had us construct a solar trailer for them back in 2014-2015 timeframe. The Current XW6048-120/240-60 is cooked and I'm wondering if the Schneider rep (or you savvy off grid guys) on here could tell me if the newer XW Pro 6.8kW 120/240 is an exact drop in replacement for a system including the the old power distribution panel accessories.

Thanks!

Chad Waits
President - Net Zero Solar

945 W. Silverlake Rd, Tucson AZ 85713