On Fri, 14 May 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ;-) The above is possible, but why post-process the created struct
>   when you don't need to put in __VALUE__ at all?

Because <autotree> is a generic feature, and you're asking for
something very specific.  At least that's my view of it.

It's humbling to see the XML::Simple options, for instance, that have
to deal with collapsing key-value pairs.  Do you really want
<autotree> to be something that complex?

> I understand the need for it for some applications. But other ones
> (eg when converting the returned hash to xml via xml::simple) only
> add a level of unneeded indirection.

Speaking of the devil :)

Ted