DESSERT FRUIT DUMPLINGS

      This recipe is simple, fast, impressive and delicious!

      1 qt. blackberries, raspberries or whatever fruit you want - frozen,
unsweetened are ok to use too.
      1 c. cold water
      1 c. sugar
      3 tbsp. cornstarch

      Mix all ingredients in a large heavy, covered pan-Dutch oven type. Bring
to a boil, stirring as it thickens. When thickened and boiling, turn down heat
to simmer.
      Mix:

      3 c. Bisquick
      1/4 c. sugar
      1 c. milk

      Drop by spoonfuls onto boiling fruit mixture. Sprinkle top with cinnamon
and sugar. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, then cover and cook for 12 to 15
minutes more. Serve warm with whip cream or half and half. (I cut the dumpling
mix in 1/2 when I make this.) Serves 6 or more.

marilyn