On the Lighter Side...

No Parking

As I pulled into a crowded parking lot, I asked the cop standing
there, "Is it all right to park here?" "No," he said. "Can't you see
that No Parking sign?" "What about all those other cars in there?" He
shrugged. "They didn't ask."

To Make It Clear

Joe's wife likes to sing. She decided to join the church choir. From
time to time she would practice while she was in the kitchen
preparing dinner. Whenever she would start in on a song, Joe would
head outside to the porch. His wife, with hurt feelings, said,
"What's the matter, Joe? Don't you like my singing?" Joe replied,
"Honey, I love your singing, but I just want to make sure the
neighbors know I'm not beating you."

Argument

A guy was telling his friend that he and his wife had a serious
argument the night before. "But it ended," he said, "when she came
crawling to me on her hands and knees." "What did she say?" asked the
friend. The husband replied, "She said, 'Come out from under that
bed, you coward!'"

Seen on a Gospel Singer's Blog

Most traveling Gospel groups would agree with this: A group with a
bus can be a lot like a man with a boat -- his two happiest days are
the day he buys it and the day he sells it!!

The Cut-up

Harry hosted a dinner party. One of his guests was a surgeon. While
deftly carving the roast, Harry kept up a running commentary: "How am
I doing, Doc? How do you like that technique? I'd make a pretty good
surgeon, don't you think?" When Harry had finished and the slices of
meat lay neatly on the serving platter, the surgeon spoke up:
"Anybody can take them apart, Harry. Now let's see you put them back
together again."

A single candle can illuminate an entire room. A true friend lights up
an entire lifetime. Thanks for the bright lights of your friendship.