As usual, these really were good. thanks.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rebeccamann...@hotmail.com
  To: recipesandmore@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:31 AM
  Subject: Re: [RecipesAndMore] On the Lighter Side...

  These were good

  Thanks,

  Becky

  From: steve doyle
  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:33 PM
  To: recipesandmore@googlegroups.com
  Subject: [RecipesAndMore] On the Lighter Side...

  On the Lighter Side...

  Oh...

  Patty began a job as an elementary school counselor and she was eager
  to help. One day during recess she walked outside and noticed a girl
  standing by herself on one side of a playing field while the rest of
  the kids enjoyed a game of soccer at the other. Patty approached and
  asked if she was all right. The girl said she was. A little while
  later, however, Patty noticed the girl was in the same spot, still by
  herself. Approaching again, Patty offered, "Would you like me to be
  your friend?" The girl hesitated, then said, "Okay," looking at the
  woman suspiciously. Feeling she was making progress, Patty then
  asked, "Why are you standing here all alone?" "Because," the girl
  said with great exasperation, "I'm the goalie!"

  15 Exercises We'd Be Better Off Without in 2010

  Jumping on the bandwagon
  Wading through paperwork
  Running around in circles
  Pushing your luck
  Spinning your wheels
  Adding fuel to the fire
  Beating your head against the wall
  Climbing the walls
  Beating your own drum
  Dragging your heels
  Jumping to conclusions
  Grasping at straws
  Fishing for compliments
  Throwing your weight around
  Passing the buck

  The Importance of Walking

  Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 95 years
  old to spend an additional five months in a nursing home at $7000 per month.
  My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60. Now he's
  97 years old and we don't know where he is.
  I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
  I have to walk early in the morning, before my brain figures out what
  I'm doing.
  I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost
  a pound. Apparently you have to go there.
  Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with
  chocolate.
  The advantage of exercising every day is so when you die, they'll
  say, 'Well, he looks good doesn't he?'
  If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.
  I know I got a lot of exercise the last few years, just getting over the hill.
  We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more
  information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.