oh geez. I'm depressed with the response on this poll.
Vote yes to release them...6218
Vote no...5371
Undecided...99
wot the hell is wrong with 5371 people to even consider risking this childs
life further!?

thanx for the notice on the tv show trudy, watching it answered a lot of my
questions, and put everything in perspective for me. the way these people
are being treated is inhumane, no doubt at all in my mind. the intolerable
manner in which these refugees are treated when they get here is the DIRECT
cause for any violent flare-ups, and suicide or escape attempts!

i can't understand why they would not regard Shayan's father as genuinely
needing assylum? 'both' he and his friend were integral in organising a
student demonstration against the oppressive regime in their home
country...his friend has been granted assylum...so why not shayan's father
(particularly with his child so desperately ill and in need of immediate
intensive assistance)???

the new zealand attitude and program toward assylum seekers was really
commendable...goodonya's kiwis! way to go! great example! we should be
following their lead! would anyone know who the minister in new zealand is,
who was responsible for implementing their refugee program?

Also...are we "allowed" to send comfort-items to the detention centres?
Others who watched the program with me are equally upset, and want to know
where to address packages for the families being held. Perhaps would anyone
know of an organisation geared to assisting detained refugees?

Suze

> http://www.smh.com.au/news/specials/vote/index.html
>
> The Sydney Morning Herald is conducting a poll on whether people
> think that
> Shayan's family should be released from Villawood.
>
> Trudy
> --
> *****************************
> Join the peoples' movement:
> The Australian Reconciliation Party
> http://www.green.net.au/arp/
> is archived at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/recoznet2%40paradigm4.com.au/ until
> 11 March, 2001 and   Recoznettwo is archived at
http://www.mail-archive.com/recoznettwo%40green.net.au/ from that date. This
posting is provided to the individual members of this group without
permission from the copyright owner for purposes  of criticism, comment,
scholarship and research under the "fair use" provisions of the Federal
copyright laws and it may not be distributed further without permission of
the copyright owner, except for "fair use."