Peter Kovacs wrote:
No, we will not track your hours on the project.
And I think we will also not organize the work.
However we can help you in picking the right work for the time you want to
invest. So you deliver something and will not lost in to big step.

This is correct, but if Sandro needs that someone in the OpenOffice Project Management Committee lists his contributions and confirms that they correspond to a "timesheet" that Sandro will maintain and submit, I'm sure this can be arranged.

So if the obstacle is that you need some formal attestation for your contributions and for the time spent in contributing, I think it won't be a major issue to let you have something, provided you do the tracking yourself and we simply validate it.

So: if you want to get started, just pick an area or list your skills and we can start.

Regards,
  Andrea.