Julien MIONI wrote:

I'd like to mount my tape as file system to browse datas.

Even if it is possible, the performance would be abysmal as the access to blocks on the tape is sequential, not random. You may want to find a disk with empty space to restore it to.

What format was the data written in? If you used dump, explore the "-i" flag to restore. (BTW, if you used the dump command, your backup will likely be imcomplete and inconsistent. Dump depends on low level access to the filesystem that is no longer valid. Google for "linus dump backup cpio" and you'll probably find it.)

Alan