Try rdesktop. I'm using it, pretty cool. Much faster than vnc.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to Linux, and to learn it, have set up a machine running
Redhat 9 next to my XP Pro workstation at my desk at work. I have Samba
up and running, so my Windows PC can share files with Redhat, and have
installed the SSH client on my Windows box so I can log into my Redhat
box through SSH. I was wondering how to go about connecting to my Redhat
machine from my Windows machine with either RDP or RDP-like
functionality instead of just console. Is it possible? I've googled so
far and came across rdesktop, which will allow me to use my Redhat
machine to RDP into Windows servers (and probably into my XP
workstation), and I've seen a post about Cygwin, but that is explained
as providing Linux functionality in a Windows environment (virtual
machine?). I am not particularly interested in using VNC, VMWare, and
the like- it's been my experience that they are slow and clumsy, and I
have been miserable supporting those apps in SOHO Windows environments.
I was hoping somebody with the Linux skills I want to acquire can offer
me suggestions for accomplishing this, and any suggested reading
regarding remote desktop connections for both Windows-Linux and
Linux-Linux. Thank you in advance.

Edward Smith