On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Thornton Prime wrote:

> I tried qmail before I tried postfix and didn't like it. It was a
> while ago, but if I remember I decided that I wasn't ready for maildir
> and qmail required maildir. I also was addicted to procmail, and I
> didn't think qmail supported procmail. I don't know if they support
> mbox and procmail now (or if I just couldn't figure out how to set

I use qmail with procmail as my MDA, which handles delivery to my mbox
files. Works fine on my system with qmail 1.03.

> Frankly I don't understand why RedHat installs sendmail by default
> when postfix is probably far cheaper for them to support.

Because RH doesn't support anything other than the installation--not the
configuration, other than the real basics. And sendmail *is* the de-facto
standard; everything else is measured relative to that.

--
Todd A. Jacobs
Senior Network Consultant