Hi,
Seing that reiser4 was pretty much stable on my i386 workstation, I
decided to give it a try on my iBook 2001 dual-usb.

While compiling the new kernel for my laptop (2.6.15 + debian, reiser4
patched, built-in), it gave new_page as an unresolved symbol in
fs/reiser4/plugin/item/tail.c . By looking at the context of the file, I
changed new_page for page.

With that, I was able to start rsyncing my system back on the laptop
(using a rescue partition, with the same kernel). Unfortunately, about
halfway through, it gave a pretty ugly panic; the dmesg output is
attached. Running 'sync' or 'umount' on the filesystem resulted in that
userspace program to stop responding completely. After a reboot, a fsck on
the reiser4 filesystem resulted in total anhilation (thousands of files in
lost+found, none in the rest of the filesystem).

Hopefully, I have good backup habits (my workstation is backed up twice a
week in case of reiser4 snafu), no data was lost, so I wont be suing
namesys ;P.

Thanks for the great filesystem,
Keep up the great work,
Jonathan