Rick:

If you were confronted with hard scientific evidence that people who choose same sex partners are biologically/chemically inclined to such partners, and that it is no more a matter of "choice" then it is for a straight person to choose an opposite sex partner, would you still conclude that it is a "serious moral disorder?"  After all, if God made some people in such a way that they are only interested in same sex partners, are they truly making a "moral" choice in the matter, or are there merely following the biological/chemical make-up with which they were born.  Since their behavior would not affect anyone but other people who were so biologically and chemically made up, what would be the moral problem?

I am not a Christian, so forgive me if I am misunderstanding your faith, but aren't there issues in Christian theology about people "casting stones" of moral condemnation at others, and, are you not supposed to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you?"  IF you were born with the came biological and chemical inclinations, would you want others pointing a finger at you, and saying, because of how you were born -- because of how God made you -- you are inherently immoral?

--
Paul Finkelman
Chapman Distinguished Professor of Law

918-631-3706 (office)
918-631-2194 (fax)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

It sounds like your ideological beliefs prevent you
from affirming the value of Christians who believe
that homsexuality is a serious moral disorder. I call
that Christophobia and religious bigotry.

Rick Duncan

=====
Rick Duncan
Welpton Professor of Law