From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 3:46 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: not defamatory to call Jew a believer in Jesus

May 17, 2004
According to a story in the current issue of The Forward,
Florida circuit
court judge Catherin Brunson dismissed a libel case brought
by a Jewish
woman against Jews for Jesus.  The plaintiff alleged that the
organization
had published an announcement that the plaintiff had
tearfully accepted the
beliefs of Jews for Jesus as her husband lay dying,
presumably his deathbed
request.  The court dismissed the suit on the ground that it was not
defamatory to label someone a believer in Jesus or a Christian. Louise