There is a place in a civil society for common schools.  Given the commitment, of at least some of us, to religious pluralism, the teaching/proselytizing of religion needs to happen somewhere else.  I am certainly not arguing for the elimination of the public schools.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 5:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Steven Williams Case - more factual information

In a message dated 12/16/2004 5:14:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

namely that teaching and proselytizing religion tend to go hand in hand.

Another very good reason for eliminating public schools, or as my liberal friends so often want to do, relying on the canadian model, under which public and parochial schools are funded.  Then all are accommodated and the realpolitik of NEA proselyzation does not threaten people of faith.

Jim Henderson

Senior Counsel

ACLJ