I'm curious what Rick (and others) would think of a chaplain OR a
military officer who said, just before a patrol went off to take up a
position, say, along the Baghdad airport highway, "Any of you could be
killed today, and I hope that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your
Lord and Savior, since if you die without having done so, you will lose
far, far more than just your life in this vale of tears, but will be
condemned to eternal damnation."

I am assuming, of course, that the chaplain (or officer) sincerely
believes this is true.  So what?

sandy