In a message dated 7/21/2005 11:38:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
A wording which I find less acceptable is "Judeo-Christian." There is no such thing as a Judeo-Christian. Jews are not Christians, and Christians are not Jews.
This, of course, is a doctrinal formulation, calling for adoption or rejection.  It recalls a battle line that brewed below the surface, and then boiled over, in the Petrine-Pauline disputes.  Nonetheless, having represented Jews for Jesus, and having been told by those that I represented that they were "Jews" who believed in "Jesus," I have my doubts that your categorical fiat must be right.

On the other hand, if the Israeli Supreme Court and the law of return are the definitional gold standard for who is a Jew, then Jews who believe Jesus is the promised Messiah are not Jews.

Jim Henderson
Senior Counsel
ACLJ