-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lupu
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 10:40 AM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: RE: Alito and Religion

I have taken a quick look at Alito's Religion Clause opinions, and I
have two observations:

1.  None of them are about funding issues, so we don't know where
he stands on those (i.e., where would he have been in, for example,
Mitchell v. Helms?).  (I think it is very difficult to extrapolate from
any
other issues to funding issues.)

2.  I have found no opinion of Alito's on Religion Clause questions in
which it is apparent that Justice O'Connor would have disagreed
with him.  Does anyone on the list have a different take on that
comparison?

Chip

On 31 Oct 2005 at 9:48, Anthony Picarello wrote:

> There are even more to choose from:
> -ACLU v Schundler (rejecting EC challenge to holiday display under
> endorsement test) -ACLU v Wall Twp (rejecting EC challenge to holiday
> display for lack of standing) -Blackhawk v PA (upholding FEC challenge
> by Native American bear owner against PA
>     policy forbidding keeping animals in captivity)
> -CH v Oliva (dissent in 6-6 split of 3d Cir en banc involving
> viewpoint discrimination
>     challenge to prohibition on 1st grader(tm)s choice to read
Beginner(tm)s
>     Bible story (containing no reference to God) in response to
>     classroom assignment to pick favorite story).

Ira C. ("Chip") Lupu
F. Elwood & Eleanor Davis Professor of Law
The George Washington University Law School
2000 H St., NW
Washington D.C 20052

(202) 994-7053

[EMAIL PROTECTED]