I don't know.  But it would not be surprising.  The law that has
developed since Jones v. Wolf encourages lawyers and their clients to
take a shot.

 Quoting "Volokh, Eugene" [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

A reporter asked me:  "Is it my imagination, or are denominations
and
members increasingly turning to the courts to settle disputes.
[I've
seen]  current disputes within the Catholic, Episcopal, Missouri
Lutheran faiths -- and there are doubtless more that I don't know
about.
There are issues of personnel and property.   Does anyone track
such a
thing, or has the issue been studied?"  I didn't have an answer,
but
offered to ask on-list.  Any thoughts on this?  Thanks,

Please note that messages sent to this large list cannot be viewed
as
private.  Anyone can subscribe to the list and read messages that
are
posted; people can read the Web archives; and list members can
(rightly or wrongly) forward the messages to others.

Douglas Laycock
Yale Kamisar Collegiate Professor of Law
University of Michigan Law School
625 S. State St.
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1215
  734-647-9713

Links:
------
[1] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[2]
/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.ucla.edu%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Freligionlaw