I think the message to observant Muslims is that Oklahomans do not want
Muslim religious law in Oklahoma.  That might well be seen as offensive by such
Muslims, and it may well violate the First Amendment, but it is a somewhat
different message from that Muslims aren't wanted in the state (just as the
message "we don't want Christian precepts considered by secular courts" is a
different message from "observant Christians not wanted here").  Among other
things, many critics of Sharia law argue -- quite sincerely, I suspect -- that
most of the victims of the unsound features of Sharia law are themselves
Muslims.

        But in any event, the question remains:  Does plaintiff, under existing
standing doctrine, have standing to challenge the law, whatever message the law
may send?  I'm skeptical that this is so.