In 1998, California banned the sale of horsemeat for human consumption,
based on nonrational aesthetic / moral judgments about the impropriety of
eating horses.  Say that a state bans the sale of pork for human consumption,
based on the desire to minimize the risk that people would accidentally eat it
(and thus violate their nonrational religious objections to eating pork), or
that people would be economically pressured by restaurants, food processing
plants, and so on into serving it or even tasting it (as a chef often must when
he's cooking a dish).  If the horsemeat ban is constitutional, why wouldn't the
pork ban is constitutional.