From: b...@jmcenter.org [mailto:b...@jmcenter.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 09:12 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics <religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu>
Subject: Re: Religious exemptions in ND

Eugene,

Just to follow up on your point that some discrimination in the name of
religion would possibly be tolerated under Measure 3 such as . . .

 1.  A pharmacist refusing to dispense Plan B.
 2.  A taxi cab driver refusing to transport a person with the smell of alcohol
on his breath.
 3.  A professional photographer refusing to photograph an LGBT civil ceremony.
 4.  A landlord refusing to rent to an atheist.

Seems to me this is precisely why Measure 3 was defeated and RFRAs should be
repealed -- because equality is a core American value.

Bob Ritter