I am wondering if Marci thinks Troxel v. Granville (unconstitutional for
legislature to provide for grandparent visitation rights over objection of
custodial parent) is correctly decided, or consistent with her views. Her
assertion that "Children are increasingly being treated as independent
persons whose interests must be examined separately" is awfully vague -- 16
year olds involved in custody fights?  What's the context to which you are
referring?

Now I have to go watch the Nationals and drink some beer with my younger
son -- he'll be 22 in a few weeks.  I have a 13 year old grandson coming to
visit tomorrow, and I'll have to think twice about offering him a bottle.