From: hamilto...@aol.com
To: religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2013 10:43:51 AM
Subject: Re: Letter of 16 law professors in support of removing
"substantial"        as modifier of "burden" in state RFRAs

The WIs bill was never passed to my knowledge, but if it went through under the
radar, I would be interested.
Conn did not include the term in one of the earliest bills, but the Conn
Supreme Court read it in.  To my knowledge, only
KY passed such a bill, and only over the Governor's veto.

Marci A. Hamilton
Paul R. Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Yeshiva University