From: hamilto...@aol.com [mailto:hamilto...@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 10:18 AM
To: dlayc...@virginia.edu; religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu
Subject: Re: Letter of 16 law professors in support of removing
"substantial" as modifier of "burden" in state RFRAs

Thanks, Doug.  The letter in support of the new TRFRA amendment bill, which
would have omitted "substantial" as a modifier, does not mention the removal
of

"substantial," but is in support of the bill.

 If there is anyone who signed it who opposes removal of "substantial,"
please let me know.  Otherwise, I will assume all

signatories have endorsed the removal of "substantial" as a modifier for
"burden."  No need to respond if you support the bill as worded.

Thanks all

Marci A. Hamilton
Paul R. Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law