I'm curious about how this response relates to your response to Chris Lund, in
which you cited the Madisonian assumption that every group will seek the
maximum amount of power. It reminded me of this profile of Valerie Jarrett:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/us/politics/valerie-jarrett-is-the-other-power-in-the-west-wing.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all&;.

If Madison was right, then doesn't every group try to maximize its own power
and agenda? And doesn't every politically savvy group use lobbyists and other
means, such as inside power players, to that end? Does anything turn on
describing religious groups as having lobbyists and an agenda, and implying
that other groups are wholly selfless and decent? Or is that just semantic
advocacy?