It's not an entirely hypothetical discussion.  See D.C. Code § 2–1402.67
(part of the D.C. Human Rights Act):

All permits, licenses, franchises, benefits, exemptions, or advantages
issued by or on behalf of the government of the District of Columbia, shall
specifically require and be conditioned upon full compliance with the
[non-discrimination] provisions of this chapter; and shall further specify
that the failure or refusal to comply with any provision of this chapter
shall be a proper basis for revocation of such permit, license, franchise,
benefit, exemption, or advantage.

Art Spitzer

*Warning*
*: this message is subject to monitoring by the NSA.*