I never ever said that.  To think it is an important role of government to
encourage two-person parenting is not to assert one-person parenting "is worse
than not being born at all."

My comments were misconstrued. They were meant to assert marriage's role in
helping kids of opposite-sex couples have two parents. If the importance of
this function of marriage is belittled, then many arguments opposing
same-sex marriage understandably seem irrational.