It's probably not wise even to engage with Michael Worley on this, in light
of how patently inappropriate and misleading the "forcing the nuns to
distribute" statement is.  And even if the facts were anything like what
Michael describes, I don't think that many, if any, readers would
understand the government's reg as an effort to force nuns to *distribute *
contraceptives.

But just to be clear on the facts:  An objecting employer is not required
to "sign" anything.  It is required merely to provide HHS notice that it
wishes to opt out.  Moreover, that notice does not "trigger" the provision
of coverage to the employees.  The coverage is triggered, and cost-free
access will be provided to the women in question, by virtue of the HHS
reg.  Filing the notification of objection merely guarantees that the
employer *will have nothing to do with that access*.  Where I'm from,
that's not quite the same thing as being forced to "distribute
contraceptives," but YMMV.