I tend to agree with Chip and Alan about permissible accommodations
generally but share Sandy's concern about the proliferation of
sect-specific "chapels."  (Clearly government funds are used via airport
bonds and other taxes via the quasi-governmental port authorities).  I am
reminded about entering the "interdenominational" chapel at Boston's Logan
Airport many years ago and being taken aback by its orientation toward the
Catholic Church (crucifixes, etc).  These have often not been
interdenominational in reality.  Providing a new place for a faith that has
previously felt excluded from a space, while commendable on one level, does
not move us in the right direction.  Airports should stick with one
inclusive "reflection" room.

Steve

--
Steven K. Green, J.D., Ph.D.
Fred H. Paulus Professor of Law and Director