As far as what has changed....the new piece of equipment(repeater) is
by the specs more then twice as sensitive but on the bench it tested
more like 3 times as sensitive as the old repeater.  We are going up
today to try some more testing and I will get back to this thread
with the results.

>Brian wrote:
>>      Our local club has been running a 10 Yausu 2410 2 meter
>>  repeater for many years. It is run through a Wacom wp-641 4 can
>>  duplexer.  Great results from this unit and it hears excellent....We
>>  recently aquired a new vertex vxr-7000 do to some really nice friends
>>  locally. In hooking up the new machine we have terrible desense on
>>  lower signals that would still be full quieting into our old machine.
>
>First off, just in case of a common mistake:  If you replaced the cables
>going to the duplexer and didn't replace them with good quality
>double-shielded cable... stop and go do that right now.
>
>How much isolation is the Wacom providing, since you just had it tuned.
>   Did the shop give you a report for what they really got out of it?
>
>Does the repeater desense into a dummy load, or only if the antenna is
>attached?
>
>Do you have a directional coupler and/or Iso-T that you can inject a
>weak signal into the repeater with in both scenarios so you can see if
>the antenna or feedline are part of the problem?
>
>Back to a previous thread - do you have an Isolator on it?  Are there
>other high power transmitters near you that could be getting into your
>transmitter?  What's the site like?
>
>Do you have any way to see if the transmitter is clean at your selected
>power output level both into the antenna system and into a dummy load?
>
>>  We had a local shop retune the duplexer and still no luck.  We have
>>  tried it both with and without the contorller hooked up and no luck.
>>  It hears and transmits great in base mode but falls apart in repeat.
>
>I wouldn't have suspected the tuned cavity first - unless you dropped it
>and dented it or something.  Cavity size and frequency are physical
>properties that don't really change much.
>
>Something else is more likely to have changed.
>
>Nate WY0X
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Amateur Radio Callsign: KC0DWX
WARN (Weather Amateur Radio Network) member