It has been suggested that before one adds a controller to the
repeater it is best to have it "repeat" in it's original
configuration. This unit was part of the  VHF Provincial Mobile
Telephone system and in its present form I can get it to repeat only
after "dialing" the code that puts the transmitter on continuously.
Eventually after being quiet for a time (no COS) the transmitter times
out and you have to dial up to get it to operate again.
Presently it has the following cards installed, left to right, Decoder
filter STLN89HDT, TC Logic, Logic Module STLN932, Squelch Gate
TLN4662A, Jackfield Module, Time Out Timer TRN8684A, Tel. Interface,
Station control module TLN4635B, Line Driver Module.
I am sure there is a reader to tell me that most of this stuff can be
pulled out and a jumper changed here or there will get it going in a
normal fashion. I hate to put a "quick and dirty" COS gate and relay
on the Back Plane when a simple change to a plug in module will get it
going.  Receiver and Transmitter tuned up on the 144/145 band
perfectly. Lots of good reading on this site, thanks for this
opportunity, 73, Gordon.