Want to fire me off a copy as well.  I like to see the different ways it is
done.  Maybe then I will pull the micor back out and see how I did it!!!

Thanks!  Corey  N3FE

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Hough
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:08 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Micor Repeater

  Have done a Micor repeater using the CAT-200 controller. It's really quite
easy to do. Pull all the cards except the Station Control and the F1 PL
Decoder. A mid split PA will work if the output is >147.00 but I don't think a
high split PA will last very long.

  Strongly suggest if yours is not a low split machine you contact Kevin Custer
and get the receiver front end recoiled. Guarantee it will make at least .25
microvolts difference in sensitivity. Well worth the money.

  Have my diagram of the backplane of how and where COR, CTSS, Audio and power
are picked off. Will .pdf and send it to you if you need it. There's a couple
of other things you need to do to turn it into a repeater if its configured as
a base unit but no problem.

  Hope this helps.

  Dave, W7GK

  Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    It has been suggested that before one adds a controller to the
    repeater it is best to have it "repeat" in it's original
    configuration. This unit was part of the VHF Provincial Mobile
    Telephone system and in its present form I can get it to repeat only
    after "dialing" the code that puts the transmitter on continuously.
    Eventually after being quiet for a time (no COS) the transmitter times
    out and you have to dial up to get it to operate again.
    Presently it has the following cards installed, left to right, Decoder
    filter STLN89HDT, TC Logic, Logic Module STLN932, Squelch Gate
    TLN4662A, Jackfield Module, Time Out Timer TRN8684A, Tel. Interface,
    Station control module TLN4635B, Line Driver Module.
    I am sure there is a reader to tell me that most of this stuff can be
    pulled out and a jumper changed here or there will get it going in a
    normal fashion. I hate to put a "quick and dirty" COS gate and relay
    on the Back Plane when a simple change to a plug in module will get it
    going. Receiver and Transmitter tuned up on the 144/145 band
    perfectly. Lots of good reading on this site, thanks for this
    opportunity, 73, Gordon.

  Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel
and lay it on us.