Hey Jim

I have a few thoughts that come to mind.  Based on my experience with VHF
and UHF repeaters colocated in cell sites I would say that you may want to
consider the following.  First the AC unit motors etc will not be a problem
to the excellent FM rec you have there with the GE M2 even with the preamp.
Plain electrical noise is not going to be your problem.  It is an RF issue.
And Multi RCC sites are very often a big mess as far as RF goes.  Its too
bad you have to go through all this but it is a fact of life in crowded
sites that are also the best ones to be on.

The fact that your tests indicated the same actual values with the xmt on or
off tells us that your duplexers are fine.  And your rec tests direct
connected are fine.  Many cell sites are *real* bad with regard to rf on
numerous freqs due to harmonics and mixing products/intermod.  Some times
you will only see your rf problem when 2 or more things occur at the same
time aming it time consuming to pin it down. Sometimes the RF signal is
slightly off your rcv freq but very strong and the skirts of the sweep are
slightly coming into your channel.  So you have to sweep the area with a
good service monitor or Spectrum Analyzer to see what is going on. I use the
IFR or R2200 plus the HP for this and it will show right up.

It sounds like from the description you are in a very dirty site.  You will
have to consider 1.  Moving to a new site even just a few hundred yards away
on a new tower, or 2. Sweep with a spectrum analyzer to actually see if you
can find the culprit(s) causing your problem and see if you can work with
the equipment owner to clean it up.  I doubt you will have much luck with
this since if the techs at Verizon or Cell 1 ATT think their stuff is
working fine they cant be bothered with your ham radio problems.  They will
tell you to take the site or leave it most of the time.  3. What I have had
to do when the RF product was sitting just off our rcv freq and was fairly
strong is install another cavity to clean it up.  You may find it easier to
use a pass type on your rcv channel unless you can definitely pin down the
offending signal and reject it.  Be aware that the preamp on your repeater
can be a problem.  GE and Moto reccomend those only for a base station and
not a repeater unless you have a really clean site.  They are notorious for
intermod issues and most times are not worth the extra rvc gain in multi
user sites.

These suggestions are a start and may or may not do it for you but I would
start with these basics.  Keep an open mind to the fact that something at
the site which is radiating some RF into your install may not be able to get
fixed in practical terms and you may have to move either the frequency of
your repeater or your site location, since I doubt you can get the cell
guys/Paging RCCs to go away:)

Let us know how this progresses

73
Glenn  N1GBY