Did I leave my webcam on AGAIN?

;^)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: wb8art
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 12:35 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: GM300 - 433MHz?

  Hum so your saying law office is a landfill? :-)

  "Paul Plack" wrote:

  > You guys are just looking in the wrong place. You need to go
  computer shopping at a landfill!
  > I have an old 386 SX 16 running DOS 6.2. I keep it around just for
  these eventualities. I built it in the early 1990s from a motherboard
  cast off in a law office upgrade. Still works great. I have an old
  DTMF dialer I wrote in basic and compiled into an exe file, and it
  runs better on the older 28.8 modems.

  > I do worry about floppies becoming obsolete.
  >
  > 73,
  > Paul, AE4KR

  DOS software used clock pulses from the computer for timing. But it
  might at least be worth a try. Let us know, Ric, If it DOES work OK
  that way (DOS boot disk on fast machine)!!

  > I need to come up with some options for the future - I'm not sure
  how much longer I can keep my old AMD K6-2/350 machine going. <wink>

  > Mark - N9WYS

  ----------

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Russ Crisp
  > Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 12:42 PM
  > To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  > Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] GM300 - 433MHz?
  >

  > Hey Rick,
  >

  > You can format a floppy with / using an old DOS computer, and
  make a DOS boot disk. May be able to download one from
  bootdisks.com. Then insert the floppy with RSS and run it.

  > Works for me.
  >

  > 73's
  >
  > Russ
  >
  > K4RCC

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick T
  > Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:40 PM
  > To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  > Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] GM300 - 433MHz?
  >

  > Thanks for the info guys... Sounds easy enough.
  >

  > 2nd question.... Will the DOS programming software work in a DOS
  window under XP? I have my suspicions that it won't. That means I
  need to convert one of my old machines to DOS only. (yuk)!

  > Rick - W7VTM

  freq area including the trailing zeros.

  > Glenn
  >
  > W8AK
  >

  > In a message dated 1/13/2008 1:39:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] net writes:

  > Rick
  >
  > Kevin is correct - you can try the "SHIFT Entry" method, except
  do NOT hold down the shift key when entering the decimal point. For
  example, a frequency of 433.1750 would appear as follows: $##.!&%)
  (notice the decimal). Should work OK for your application. But
  Kevin is correct - check the BatLabs pages first to be absolutely
  certain.

  > 73,
  >
  > Mark - N9WYS

  --------

  > From: Repeater-Builder@ yahoogroups. com On Behalf Of Gmail -
  >
  > The answer is "YES" but you need to do a few things to get it
  there.

  > Best would be to check out the information on www.batlabs. com
  and click on the GM300 link.

  > You need of course the Motorola programming software and
  interface, and when you want to program a new frequency, in your case
  433Mhz, you have to hold the shift key down for the whole frequency,
  so it would be $##))). It's been awhile since I have done one, so I
  am only going off memory, thats why I suggest looking at Batlabs.

  > Best of luck
  >
  > Kevin, ZL1KFM.

  Yahoo! Search.